To celebrate the week of Thanksgiving, each day, we will be sharing a recipe that is healthy and delicious. The second of the week is One Pot Chicken and Mushrooms, a delicious entree filled with lots of flavors and protein. The combined prep and cook time for this meal is approximately 45 minutes. This simple, low carb dish feeds four people.
3/4 cup low sodium chicken broth
1 1/2 tbsp tomato paste
1/4 tsp black pepper
2 tbsp fresh oregano
1/8 tsp salt
1 each medium garlic cloves
4 each boneless skinless chicken breasts
3 tbsp bread crumbs
2 tsp olive oil
2 cup fresh mushroom slices
- In medium bowl, combine broth, tomato paste, ground black pepper, oregano, salt and garlic. Mix well and set aside.
- Dredge chicken in bread crumbs, coating well. Heat oil in large skillet over medium high heat.
- Sauté chicken in oil for 2 minutes per side, or until lightly browned.
- Add reserved broth mixture and mushrooms to skillet and bring to boil. Cover, reduce heat to low and simmer for 20 minutes.
- Transfer chicken to serving platter.
- Spoon sauce over chicken and serve.
|Makes 4 servings|
|Amount Per Serving|
|Total Carbs||6.7 g|
|Dietary Fiber||0.8 g|
|Total Fat||4.3 g|
|Saturated Fat||0.7 g|
|Unsaturated Fat||0.6 g|
Photo from: http://allrecipes.com