To celebrate the week of Thanksgiving, each day, we will be sharing a recipe that is healthy and delicious. Remember that just because its Thanksgiving, doesn’t mean that you can’t be healthy. The fourth of the week is Sugar Free Cheesecake, a deliciously rich and healthy dessert. The combined prep and cook time for this meal is approximately 1 hour and 5 minutes. This simple, low carb dish feeds twelve people.
1 each grapeseed oil cooking spray
2 egg whites
1/2 cup SPLENDA® No Calorie Sweetener, granulated
1 tsp fresh lemon juice
1 pinch salt
3 cup cream cheese
1/2 tsp fresh lemon peel
1/3 cup sour cream
2 tbsp SPLENDA® No Calorie Sweetener, granulated
2 tsp vanilla extract
- Preheat oven to 400°F. Line bottom of a 9″ springform pan with baking paper. Lightly coat paper and sides of pan with grapeseed oil cooking spray.
- Separate eggs. Reserve 4 yolks. Set aside.
- In small bowl, beat egg whites and salt with electric mixer until stiff peaks form. Set aside.
- In separate mixing bowl, beat Splenda® and 4 egg yolks until thick. Add lemon juice.
- With mixer on low-medium setting, beat in cream cheese, a little at a time, until well blended and fluffy.
- Add small amount of egg whites, plus grated lemon peel, if desired, and mix in gently.
- Gently fold egg whites into cream cheese mixture a little at a time, pulling egg whites up through cream cheese mixture.
- Pour mixture into pan. Shake gently to level batter.
- Bake 10 minutes at 400°F. Reduce temperature to 300°F and bake for another 40 minutes. When top of cake is set, turn off oven and keep oven door closed. Allow to cool for another hour in oven. Remove and continue to cool on a wire rack.
- In small bowl, whisk all ingredients for topping. Spread on top of cheesecake when completely cooled.
|Makes 12 servings|
|Amount Per Serving|
|Total Carbs||3.3 g|
|Dietary Fiber||0.0 g|
|Total Fat||22.7 g|
|Saturated Fat||13.8 g|
|Unsaturated Fat||1.0 g|
Photo from: http://www.thecheesecakefactory.com