To celebrate the week of Thanksgiving, each day, we will be sharing a recipe that is healthy and delicious. The last of the week is the Nutty Chocolate Meltaways, which are deliciously chocolatey desserts. The combined prep and cook time for this meal is approximately 30 minutes. This simple, low carb dish feeds fifty people.
1 3/4 cups Coconut, dried, unsweetened
2 tbsp agave nectar, all natural
6 oz dark chocolate bar, 70% to 85% cacoa
1 3/4 cups Nuts, hazelnuts, ground
6 oz semi sweet chocolate chips
12 oz heavy whipping cream
- Add 1 cup water to bottom of double boiler. Replace top pan. Bring water to boil over high and reduce heat to simmer.
- Combine chocolate and heavy cream in top pan of double boiler. Heat 5 minutes, stirring constantly until chocolate is melted and cream mixed in.
- Add agave nectar, 1 cup of hazelnuts, and 1 cup of coconut. Stir until well mixed.
- Remove from heat and lift top pan out of water. Allow mixture to come to room temperature. Cover and refrigerate for 2-3 hours, until chocolate mixture is solid, but pliable.
- Line 2 baking sheets with parchment paper.
- Using small ice cream scooper or melon baller, scoop chocolate balls (about 1″ diameter) onto baking sheets. Roll into smooth balls with hands.
- In small shallow bowl, combine remaining coconut and hazelnuts. Roll each truffle to coat completely, and replace on baking sheet. Cover with plastic wrap, and place in freezer for 3 to 4 hours.
- Store truffles in airtight container in refrigerator for up to 1 week or in freezer for up to 1 month.
|Makes 50 servings|
|Amount Per Serving|
|Total Carbs||5.9 g|
|Dietary Fiber||1.1 g|
|Total Fat||7.2 g|
|Saturated Fat||3.6 g|
|Unsaturated Fat||0.3 g|
Photo from: http://www.dlife.com